Urban Keys Basic Keyboards course is a 3 month programme dedicated to empowering up and coming music producers with the basics and introduction to Keyboards.
With 2 classes per week – One theory and the other practical, candidates get to sit with one of our keyboard players to learn how to approach keyboards in a simple manor.
The major highlight of this course is that candidates are exposed to all the information and knowledge our keyboard players has accumulated through-out the years in just 3 months. This will eliminate unnecessary theory and provide essential information needed for a basic study of keyboards presented fro a urban music perspective.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
- The course takes 1-2 hrs p/class, 2 times a week
- Candidates are required to have a keyboard / MIDI keyboard at home for practicing
- A study Manual,Trial software will be provided(students a required to bring a flash drive to class
- The COURSE will commence with a maximum of 10 candidates for theory the class and one-on-one classes for practical. We prefer to have one-on-one practical classes in order to give candidates individual attention. This way we can keep track of your progress and give you tailor-made advice.
Please note: candidates will not be allowed to bring friends or family that are not registered for the courses to class.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Courses are held at Multi-Racial Studios Our facility is set up with standard equipment for the basic study of keyboards.
ABOUT THE LECTURES
The classes will be presented by our experienced Keyboard players who have been tied to a string of successful music productions.
THE WORKSHOP PROGRAMME
The programme runs over a period of 12 weeks (3 months).
Semesters are as follows:
1st Semester: February – April (registration ends 28 January)
2nd Semester: June – August (registration ends 15 May)
3rd Semester: September – November (registration ends 22 August)
- Introduction to Playing
- C Position
- The Grand Stuff
- Playing C – G on the Stuff
- Introduction to Chords
- Expanding the 5th Finger Position
- Scales and Chords – The Keys of C Major
- The Keys of G Major
- Finger Aerobics
A Study manual for these topics will be provided and can be used by the candidate after the course is completed. These topics will be explained more by the lecturer during theory and practical classes.
WHAT WILL CANDIDATES RECEIVE?
Candidates will receive 12 weeks full classes attended twice a week (both theory and practical), Study manual, BETA Software
For course costing please see application form under course options